Alpha women often get a bad rap, which is not surprising as we still live in a patriarchal society that reduces and confines confident and fearless women to a predetermined code of conduct. And while peacock men talk about their alpha masculine traits, women with those same qualities are dubbed masculine and portrayed in a negative light. Well, to hell with that. Strong women, or alpha women, are just that: strong women who are incredible leaders, with alpha traits that are intrinsically part of who she is and can be found in everything she does. Alpha female traits show up in her career, personal life, hobbies, friendships – pretty much every facet of her life. These assertive and confident women may seem intimidating at first, but they are women we can all look up to and support us.
There is one oft-repeated quote that goes around every International Women’s Day and Mother’s Day, although its author is unknown, it embodies the very essence of an alpha woman. The quote goes, “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them up. Here’s what you need to know about alpha females and why it’s a label you should absolutely be flattered to have.
Traits of the alpha female
Women have certain characteristics that push them into the category of alpha women. Maybe you recognize them in yourself, in the women who raised you, or All of the following are considered alpha female traits:
- Self-confidence: Generally speaking, alpha females are self-confident. They often exhibit a sense of self-confidence that is palpable in a room.
- Think of yourself as alpha females: Some of that confidence actually uses the term alpha and embodies its meaning.
- Inspire others: Strong women inspire the women around them. Alpha women use their leadership skills to encourage other women to do their best.
- Leadership skills: Alphas generally advance to leadership roles. If there’s a situation where she isn’t progressing, it’s probably because she thinks she will be more useful in another role or wants to encourage another cohort to step up. Alpha women are success oriented and goal oriented.
- Ambition: Women who are inherently alpha are generally very motivated and ambitious people. This can manifest in various aspects of his life, not just in his career. She’s probably also ambitious in her personal life, wanting to excel in relationships and hobbies.
- Belief in itself: It’s a similar trait to others, but this trait specifically means that an alpha female has full confidence in herself and her abilities. She not only has faith in herself, but the full belief that she can do whatever she wants to accomplish.
- Well respected: While inspiring others to succeed, alpha females become highly valued by those around them. These personalities exude an aura that exudes conviction and encouragement, which, in turn, means that others respect them deeply for their dedication to whatever they do and what they believe in.
Signs that you are an alpha female
If you are an alpha female, you probably already know this, especially if any of the traits listed above apply to you. But here are some other signs to watch out for:
- You volunteer to host meetings and events
- You like to encourage others to be successful because you know that their success is also your success
- You are confident in your abilities, even with things you don’t know
- People often ask you for advice or help
- You have a contagious personality
- You encourage everyone in all situations (because you are for equality and the improvement of everyone)
- You and your partner are equal because even though you are a natural leader, you make sure you have a balanced relationship.
- You’re organized and still have your shit together
- You can recognize mistakes and failures, even if they are rare
- You are inclusive and collaborative in everything you do
- You always want to improve
To be an alpha female, frankly, is an honor. These women are strong, push boundaries, ask tough questions, and constantly inspire everyone around them to be better, without demeaning or treating them unfairly. If you are not the alpha female in your life, I hope you have one near you who can sprinkle some of her magical dust on you to encourage you to be the best of yourself.
Alpha Woman Quotes
- “Sometimes you have to be a beauty and a beast.” – Nicki Minaj
- “They always, always underestimate women. “—Susan Ee
- “Whether I am or not, I challenge assumptions about women. I make some people uncomfortable, which I am well aware of, but this is part of what I still believe is one of the most important unfinished tasks in human history: giving women the best things to do. means of standing. for themselves. ”—Hillary Clinton
- “People don’t want to see women do things they don’t think they should be doing.” Joan jett
- “We must not wait for someone else to come and raise their voice. We should do it ourselves. We have to believe in ourselves. Yes we can do it. One day you will see that all the girls will be powerful; all the girls will go to school. And this is only possible through our struggle; only when we raise our voices. – Malala Yousafzai
- “I think women today are very scared to celebrate themselves, because then they are just labeled.” – Charlize Theron
- “Be an alpha female. Confident, daring. Don’t be afraid of anything. “—Shilpa Negi
- “It’s amazing what a woman can do if only she ignores what men tell her she can’t.” —Carol K. Carr
- “Alpha females don’t run in packs. -Unknown
- “I like bossy women. Some people hate the word, and I understand how “bossy” might sound like a crappy way to describe a woman with a determined point of view, but for me, a bossy woman is someone to seek out and celebrate. A bossy woman is someone who cares and is committed and is a natural leader. – Amy Poehler